Cirque du Soleil - free shows in Andorra this summer

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt? Tell us about it. What's on, when and where, from films and theatre to festivals to markets to book swaps. And everything else.

Moderator: Moderators

Cirque du Soleil - free shows in Andorra this summer

by Cathy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Last year I went to see Cirque du Soleil in Andorra la Vella and can thoroughly recommend the show, especially as it's free! I note that they are returning this year with a different show, details from the Andorran Tourist Office website as follows:

"This summer, Cirque du Soleil will once again highlight the magic of Andorra. Scalada, the new free open-air show like no other in Europe, returns to the Principality for the second year running with a new production entitled Mater Natura, featuring all-new storylines and stage design as well as spectacular acrobatics. This year, the Canadian circus troupe has designed an exclusive showcase for Andorra in tribute to Mother Nature.

Performances of Mater Natura will run every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 5 July and 2 August 2014. The hour-long show, beginning at 10 p.m., will take place in a 5,000-seat venue at the heart of Andorra la Vella. Don't wait any longer - get tickets for one of these 17 performances today!
Don't miss out on the thrill of Scalada by Cirque du Soleil in Andorra!"

The free standing-only tickets mean you watch the open-air show from a car park, it's performed on a fairly high stage and you're looking up, so views not too bad, but there will be some people waving phones and tablets about though. Slightly annoying! There are seats - properly racked - but these are only available if you buy a package including a hotel stay. All details at http://scalada.visitandorra.com/choose.php?lang=ENG, hotels are quite reasonably priced.

It's not every day we get world-class events in this neck of the words so I thought I would share the news!
Cathy
Site Admin

Re: Cirque du Soleil - free shows in Andorra this summer

by Myrtle&Martin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Cathy, thank you so much for alerting us that this was on. We booked one of the joint packages with hotel and seats for the performance and have just got back from a great few days in Andorra and the Cerdagne. I've seen the Cirque many times on TV and the net, but to see them live was so much better - literally breath-taking! Thanks again
M&M
Myrtle&Martin

Re: Cirque du Soleil - free shows in Andorra this summer

by Cathy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Just a quick note to say that once again Cirque du Soleil are performing FREE in Andorra.

The shows only go on till 01 August so no time to lose! More info here http://scalada.visitandorra.com/previa/welcome/?lang=ENG&atm_campaign=fb8d4b55-dcf3-4702-8c83-868b0d15ef1b&utm_source=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=

Hotel packages are still available, a low-cost option is the Hotel Pyrenees whose offer can be found here

http://www.hotelpyrenees.com/en/13-offer-scalada-by-cirque-du-soleil-andorra-and-hotel-offe.html
Cathy
Site Admin

Return to Events, festivals, outings