Anyone out there?

Chat, chill out, chew the cud.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone out there?

by kalba » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Hmm - quiet 'ere, innit? But just in case there's anyone listening: Happy New Year!

Kalba
kalba

Re: Anyone out there?

by michael g » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks Kalba - and the same to you.

Michael G
michael g

by carlaboy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:58 pm

I thought everyone had run out of money and gone back to Blighty; except Micheal who had a bad leg and couldnt go anywhere the last time I saw him. Hope your getting better. Kalba Istill owe you last years subscription, along with this years. Will sort that out.

Happy New year to you
Peter ( In semi- hibernation )
carlaboy

by kalba » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Wey hey! There is life in Ariege! Hi guys! Anyone else going to come out of hibernation to say hello?
kalba

by Cathy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm

just arrived back in the Ariege to enjoy a season's skiing - FYI slopes at Ax-Bonascre a bit icy but can't complain given the mild weather I hear you've been having (unlike Arctic Britain!) and the merest of dusting of snow made them look lovely yesterday. No doubt I will bore you all with more snow pics in due course......all contributions to the Photo Gallery gratefully received by the way...
Cathy
Site Admin

by kalba » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Welcome back, Cathy! I wouldn't say it's been mild here all the time mind - before Christmas (can't remember when exactly - it all just blurs into one these days :x) there was a whole week when the temperature barely got above freezing and we hit minus 9 ......)

Enjoy the season!

Kalba
kalba

by peta » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 am

As you say Kalba – there is life in the Ariege - and what a good one!!

Keith and I happily enjoyed the hot (yes hot) weather in the valley up until Monday when we had our first rain for weeks. It was actually 17 degrees at midnight one night last week - thanks to the Warm but very strong winds from Spain.

Looking forward to a beautiful spring-
By the way if anyone reading this could recommend a small hotel or B&B in Paris do let us know

Have a great 2011!-
Peta
peta

by Myrtle&Martin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 pm

hi Kalba
we're still here, though we have been rather quiet recently. Best wishes to you and all AreigeLifers for a very Happy New Year
Liz
Myrtle&Martin

by carlaboy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 pm

hI Peta

I cannot recommend a place to stay in Paris as my wife goes there once per month and can never book the same quarter twice. Its always so booked up; so if you can book somewhere in advace on the net regardless of the quality; do it. Its just somewhere to get your head down while theres so much to do outside. The metro is excellent so you can get where you want. I'm from London town and Paris is my next favourate place next to the Ariege of course. Have a good trip.
Peter
carlaboy

by peta » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 am

Hi
Thanks for the advice
Have now decided to stay in near the ferry ……
So same question
Does anyone know of a good B&B in or around Calais OR Dover
peta

Return to The café